Sunday, February 24, 2008

Couch To 5K: 7-3

Ahhh... much better. All of my body parts seemed to work this time. I was a little slower than I thought I should be (I know I'm only supposed to be running for time, but when you run the same rout, it's easy to compare.), but I think that was because I haven't eaten well all weekend. Not feeling well, thanks to the Demon Red Robin (a following post :)), which is why I did this run on Sunday night and not Saturday morning.

Despite some very valid initial fears I also managed to finish the run without crapping all over myself or throwing up. As I say that it makes me sound sicker than I am. I'm not that bad, and I really didn't want to flummox up the schedule next week, since I don't want to skip any runs. I need them to be able to make the race in a few weeks.

A thought on the run: I'm getting waaaayyyy ahead of myself, but... If you only run one marathon a year, what do most people run for 'maintenance' mileage wise? I was thinking if I ran 5,5,5,10 or something like that (Let a boy dream. :)) that would keep a good solid base.

1 comment:

Nic said...

25 miles per week would be alright, but 35 would work better as far as maintaining a good base for marathoning goes... I really like a tues-thurs. 6,8,6 a 4 on sat. and a long run on sunday of 10 to 20 depending on what your up coming goals are... just my 2 cents though... congrats on your continued success!