Monday, March 24, 2008

Post Easter Ramblings

No running today.  Just posting to keep ahead of things.  :)

I'm always lousy at these meme things. I always overthink them. The best one I could come up with after being tagged for the bio in 6 or less by MomOf3 at Run Like The Wind, was 'Not much of a rebel". I'm the white sheep of my family, and when I like my routines and rules. That's why I have a running plan for the whole year. :) I'm working on it though. Kids seem to teach flexibility. I do like what Pieces of Me came up with though. (It's never to late to change).

Having a motivation issue tonight, which is why no run...  I'll run tomorrow which will still keep me on schedule, but I just don't feel like doing it tonight.  Part of it is that this was a bad food weekend, and that's affected my motivation a bit.  

Val and I went on a date on Saturday and ate a PF Changs before we went and saw Mamma Mia (really cool musical!), and now looking at nutritional information, we didn't do as well as I thought.  Then Easter Lunch/dinner wasn't great either calorie wise.  What the hell am I going to do with 6 extra pounds of ham and half a cheesecake?  Was a really nice Easter with family, though.

Combine all those excuses with a day spent at home with Kaitlyn, who has a fever of unknown origin and thus can't go to day care, and I'm going to finish typing and go to bed.  :)  

I did get some generic 'sports' inserts from Fred Meyer and put them into the ASCIS.  They're really comfortable, and the odd support the Super Feet were providing my left foot is gone, so it might be progress.  Fortunately these aren't my primary shoes.  My Sauconys are my main running shoes.  But I paid money for these and they're gonna work, dammit.  :)  I probably need to caompare the inserts to the onw in my Sauconys, but I'm loathe to mess witha combination that works, and probably jinx myself.  I'll wanser back by RoadRunner in a few days and let the pros who sold me the damn shoes figure it out.

2 comments:

MomOf4 said...

Great answer! Thanks for playing. Easter was not the best eating-wise at our house. We ended up freezing lots of stuff. I don't know about the cheesecake, but the ham will freeze!

Da Doo Run Run said...

Hope Kaitlyn is feeling better by now. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sick of the sickies. It's been one after the other this year.

I also have eaten off the charts, including today. Can't seem to get a hold of myself.

Hope you have a good run today.