Tuesday, March 18, 2008

HH5210 mod: 1-1

3 miles in 30:12.
My boss had the same foot going numb problem that he's had before at mile 2.5 so I ran it in and then walked back for him.

This is the first week of my modified Hal Higdon 5K to 10K plan. This week calls for all 3 mile runs, so it's going to be a nice transition to running for distance not for time. Next week adds an additional 1/2 mile on Saturday, so 4 more 3 mile runs. Then we just add 1/2 mile intervals till I'm theoretically ready for a 10K on Mothers Day weekend.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to set as the run goal for this stage. I think the 8K Beat the Bridge the next weekend is getting the most votes right now.

3 comments:

HappyBlogChick said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Reading back in your posts, I love that you're doing the HH5210 program after the c25k program ... that was something I was batting around doing, too.

I hadn't come to a decision yet. It looks like his program has us doing something 6 days a week ... are you doing the cross training/strength training on non-running days, or just the running days?

I loved reading through your posts. I haven't even considered working up to doing a marathon, but I'd definitely considered a 10k and might consider a half marathon, if I enjoy running enough. So far I like it, but I do miss some of the other cardio stuff I used to do. I think I might stay with shorter lengths so I can do running on some days and other things on others.

Who knows. I need to get through c25k and then I'll decide what comes next. First things first!

Nic said...

...Beat the Bridge is an enjoyable run & they give you a medal (?!?) when you finish, so why not... :-)

Aaron Cunningham said...

happyblogchick:
I'm only 'officially' doing the runs for HH5210. I walk the dog between 1 and 3 miles depending on mood and if I ran, etc. most of the week, so I classify that as cross training. No strength training so far. I might start doing some sets of pushups and situps, but that's it.

nic:
A medal? Really? Hmmm. :)