Thursday, March 20, 2008

HH5210 mod: 1-2

3 miles in 28:55.

Tuesdays run I still has some calf soreness from the race. Today I just felt really good. I noticed some tightness in side of my right knee, but that might have been a fluke. Now that I put the SuperFeet in my ASICS and they seem to be behaving, I might take them out for a run and see if I feel differently.

It's interesting to see that in just the month I've been running up Westlake to see how many more runners are coming out. Even with today being chilly and windy there were more runners out.

One nice thing about running with your boss; you know he's not wandering by your office looking for you. :) We have an unofficial rule about not discussing work issues during the run, which seems to be working so far.

And answering a comment in an earlier post (since I'm not sure if people get notified if I comment to reply to them): I'm only 'officially' doing the runs for HH5210. I walk the dog between 1 and 3 miles depending on mood and if I ran, etc. most of the week, so I classify that as cross training. No strength training so far. I might start doing some sets of pushups and situps, but that's it.

1 comment:

HappyBlogChick said...

Thanks for responding in my comments - I'm pretty bad about asking questions and then not clicking the "email follow-up" button. Although I would have seen your answer in this post, I suppose.

I love strength training in theory, although somehow I don't talk myself into doing it often enough. I do it at least once a week, though. It's done great things for me from a muscle definition/weight loss perspective. I think it's gotten my metabolism going nice and strong.

I'm working really hard not to overthink what I'll do after c25k, but you've got me contemplating it. I guess the end is close enough that I shouldn't think of it as putting the cart in front of the horse now, eh?

I'm going to enjoy reading about your progress. Thanks for sharing.