Sunday, March 2, 2008

Portion Control

Obviously one of the biggest things in making the lifestyle change to eat healthily forever is portion control. And admittedly I'm still in the learning stage of knowing what a real portion is and how it looks on a plate.

But sometimes the measuring thing makes me...grouchy. I don't mind weighing. Maybe I've watched too many episodes of Good Eats, but getting out the digital scale I associate with cooking, not weight control.

And I don't mind measuring some foods. As I say this, maybe it was just the one food today... Peanut butter... I'm measuring two tablespoons of peanut butter so I can have a PB and banana sandwich for lunch (It was a craving... what can I say)(Wheat bread has HALF the fucking calories of the Whole Wheat White we've been eating? Where is a brick to hit myself in the head with?)

Anyway, I'm scraping the PB out of the tablespoon with my knife, considering going in after it with a finger so I don't waste a precious morsel like some addict, jonesing for a fix. Bah, humbug.

Went for a longer walk with Toby than I would normally have so I could have some desert. I run/walk to eat, I think. :)

1 comment:

Da Doo Run Run said...

You sound like me. My husband makes fun of me because I measure out a cup of cereal in the morning and 1/2 cup of milk. I also count pretzels and fat free pringles to go with my lunch. It's ridiculous. It's all mental, too. Do I really think that if I eat 20 Pringles instead of the recommended 14 that I am going to gain all the weight back? It's all worth it in the end, though.