Tuesday, September 29, 2009

9/28 Run - And On The 10th Day He Ran

I had originally planned to get back on the road and test out my abdominals on Thursday. By Wednesday, I decided to push it to Saturday. Not due to any aches or twinges in particular, but just the realization that if I went out early and aggravated things I'd be deadlined for longer.

I slept in Saturday and then spent 6 hours on a ladder priming the north side of the house. It was enough of a workout I deferred this Sunday. Then slept in again on Sunday and then spent another 6 hours on a ladder painting the north side of the house. :)

Finally got out about 9 on Monday. ~50 degrees, and drizzling as I warmed up, rain stopped in the first half mile though. Rainy season is back. Going to have to get used to it again. :)

No twinges, or anything that concerned me during the run; which was a nice easy out and back on 35th (so as flat as I can get) for 3 miles and then a slightly hillier out and back for a 4th mile. Left side of my abs was definitely tired by the end of the run, which I tried to run at 143 bpm (75% MHR) or under to make sure I kept the intensity level down. Abs felt stiffer than usual, kind if like a healing muscle I guess...

I'll only run every other day this week while I see how things are healing, then start trying to add some mileage next week. Wednesdays run should be between 4 and 6, depending on how things feel.


4.02 miles in 40:53 (10:09/mile) @ 143 bpm avg.

And, before I forget again, I must thank Johan, with Archie Grand, for an absolutley fabulous new notebook. These are really fun. Drop by the site and take a look!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you can run again. Sometimes those muscle strains feel sore for awhile, but you can run on them when they're mostly healed.