Tuesday, September 8, 2009

9/5 Medium Long Run

Saturday's run was pretty uneventful other than it being the first run in the rain for a long time. Welcome to training for a late fall marathon. :) It was 59 and lightly drizzling when I left the house and got on the road around 7. It turned to real rain abut half a mile in. And then would do rain intervals of about 30 minutes. :)

I ran the Mill Creek route, in 'reverse'. Nothing particularly interesting. Nowhere near as many runners out as last Saturday. It was a pretty good run, with the appropriate levels of tolerable discomfort. :)

Val helped talk me into doing the sane thing and took Friday off as well to try to recover my shins, and it seems to have worked. Too much mileage added, and a significant increase in intensity. I know better...

11.19 miles in 1:42:46 (9:11/mile) @ 157 bpm

Faster than last weeks runs on the same route, but about 5 points higher on HR

No comments: