Saturday, September 19, 2009

9/18 "Run" - aka Holy Crap, what the hell is that!

Last run before Tunnel Medal Marathon on Sunday. I've had mildly sore abs all week, between the tempo runs and the Workout at Work program, so between that and the shin thing, I took Thursday off and decided to run Friday.

9:30 run, low 60s, and the first 1/4 mile is just fine, then the ab soreness starts to kick in. By 3/4 of a mile I'm sore but working through it, by 1 1/4 I'm wondering where the eff the knives came from. By 1.6 I'm walking the 1.5 miles home, and trying not to take deep breaths.

Most of the pain was high in my left abdomen, above the belly button, but below the ribs. It's pretty much gone, but I'm pretty sore, and I get some aches and pains lower on either side. I'm hoping it's not another hernia, but that's probably just me being paranoid.

After a sanity check from Val, I'm bailing out of Tunnel Medal Marathon. Better to listen to my body, and baby it a little. If everything heals up and it's nothing serious, we'll see if Pigtails offers her December marathon and try for that instead. I'm bummed since I was really looking forward to a low key, 'social' marathon. Better safe than sorry, and I hadn't paid for it yet.

1.6 miles in 15:50

No comments: