Tuesday, November 25, 2008

11/22 Last 'Long' Run

Banged out the last 'long' run, a little over 8 miles, on Saturday evening in about 1:15, a couple of tics over MP. It was not a great run. I had trouble getting into the swing of things. It didn't help that I had had pizza for dinner. Which I have done before with no ill effects, but I dried the Papa John's Garlic Sauce. I forget a bout the 'mild' reaction that tasty tasty garlic causes. The cramps started around mile 4, and were about every mile on. I managed to finish the run out and get home before I had any problems, fortunately.

I'm worried a little about pacing for the marathon. I did this run at essentially marathon pace, but my splits were all over the place. Fastest was 8:38, slowest was 9:40. The rest of the splits weren't even consistent. I admit the 'block' is pretty hilly, but that level of inconsistency bothers me. I'm thinking REALLY hard about signing up with the 4:00 pace group when I go to the expo. I think I'd stick with them till halfway or so and then try it on my own.

Tried a new lacing technique that has relieved some top of the foot pressure rather nicely and made both of my new pairs of shoes much more wearable. Whoever designed the foot so that the nerve runs over the top just wasn't thinking about shoes... :)

Forgot to roll out on Saturday and I could tell the difference between this run and the shorter runs in my left leg. I have officially given Val permission to annoy the crap out of me to make sure I roll out twice a day during the holidays. Left foot is displaying something new, vaguely like plantar facitis....I think I'm just making things up as I run as I go deeper into the throes of taper madness.

Weather forecast: 40 to 50, 10% chance of precip

No comments: