Monday, November 17, 2008

11/16 Goodnight Sweet Long Run

Goodnight sweet long run. This was my last double digit run as I taper down for the marathon. 12ish miles at about 9:09/mile (right at the upper end of the marathon goal pace). Some knee and thigh stuff again, but I managed to forget to roll out all weekend again, so totally my fault (vs. shoes or something else). I'm going to miss long runs for the next few months. And I'm glad I'm done with them, too. The time commitment is starting to get to me, especially sine it means an early morning most of the time. We'll see how I feel after the marathon and come Jan/Feb when I start ramping up again (maybe).

I'm shooting for between 8:50 and 9:09 for my marathon goal pace. I know that's a pretty big range, but I figure if I can shoot for 9:00 for the first half, and try to speed up as things progress after that. If I keep the pace somewhere within that range then I should be able to pull out sub 4 (9:09).

Got to balanced athlete with Val. Got her some new shoes. Kaitlyn had a blast running around the store, demanding "More running" from anyone who got on the treadmill. :) I replaced my Pearls with a pair of Brooks Beasts. The pearls have these air columns in the heel area. Apparently the squeaking and crunching was caused by the fact I had completely ruptured by one of the cells. Ah, the joys of being a heavy heel striker... :)

I had a total wig out, I can't make a decision moment, and had to get Val's mental help to decide that I should just run the last handful of runs, and last nights long run, in my new foundation 7s, since I know how the shoes behave on my feet.

The Beasts seem pretty nice, and they were the runners up to the Pearl's last time I went in. Had some problems with then squeaking when I walked that appear to have been caused by not trimming down the SuperFeet enough. One I did that it seems to have gone away.

1 comment:

MomOf4 said...

It is so exciting that you are getting ready for a marathon!! It is fun to read about your progress!