Friday, November 14, 2008

10/12 Not Really Feeling It Run

For those of us who want to torture ourselves with the President's Fitness Challenge again: The President's Fitness Challenge: Adult Fitness Test . I haven't done it yet, have no idea what PASS/FAIL are, but hey, it could be just as humiliating as the first version. :)

I remember now why I don't like running at night. The class I'm taking in Bellevue means an extra 20 minutes of bus each direction, a longer walk to class, and just a longer day. I just didn't want to go out or 8.18 miles. I had to fight off the little voices in my head telling me to bag it at every opportunity. It didn't;t help that I wanted to push and try to run the whole thing at marathon goal pace to start reminding myself what fast feels like. I managed to do so, running the whole thing at an 8:55 average which is right in my current goal window of 8:50 to 9:07, but it was a slog for the entire 72 minutes.

It was a remarkably comfortable 50 degrees for the run, and it only rained on me during miles 5 and 6 and during the cool down. :) Was reminded why I wear my contacts when I run since my glasses fogged up when I stopped running. :)

I really like my PearlIzumis, despite the tongues being so small and unpadded (some top of foot soreness if I lace them too tight), but they may have just developed a fatal flaw. The right shoe started SQUEAKING around mile 6. Two miles of a squeak every foot strike. Hopefully it goes away when it's not raining. My replacement Foundation 7s should arrive soon. If the squeaking thing doesn't get resolved the Foundations may run the marathon with me. :)

No comments: