Wednesday, November 19, 2008

11/17 Recovery Run

Was nice and stiff and achy from the 12 miler, but made myself go out anyway instead of taking a 'rest' day. If I did that I'd have to run 3 in a row this week and I don't want to change things up this close to the marathon. I'm really glad I went back out. It shook out the kinks, and seemed to help me recover better. I think next cycle I'm going to try out moving to 5 days a week, probably with Monday and Friday off and see how that plays out.

Did 4 miles in marathon goal pace (average)(9:09/mile), which felt pretty good given the 'long' run the day before. I was doing much better after the first two miles. I actually considered just doing a loop instead of the out and back for 5 miles, but I decided to trust the taper. :)

Starting to twitch a little. Haven't starting to watch the weather, but I may go do that once I post this. :)

Going to have Val pack a back food in case the Seattle Marathon has the same food problem I've heard about from previous iterations. Apparently the half marathoners (and their families (grrr...)) eat all the food before the marathoners get home.

2 comments:

Da Doo Run Run said...

Can't believe your marathon is coming up! So glad your hernia did not derail you from your goal. Can't wait to read the blow-by-blow account. I expect lots of details! Don't disappoint!

Laura said...

The race I just did in Tulsa apparently had that problem last year - all the reviews on MarathonGuide said that the half marathoners and families ate all the food. This year, all the finishers got tickets on their bib, and you had to give them your ticket when you went through the food tent! It was a decent solution, I guess, but when I finish a marathon, I tend to eat a little bit... then a little bit more... and my stomach is definitely bigger than my eyes!

In Hartford, they marked your bib when you went through... but they only got the corner of mine, so I cheated and folded it over and went through again. I didn't feel TOO guilty though because I figured as long as I was only taking food for myself to eat right then, it wasn't like the people who stocked up on food to take home or give to their families or whatever. I HATE when people do that!