Friday, September 19, 2008

Wednesday Filler Run

4 miles in 37:46 (9:26/mile)

This was my one mid week run this week. This and a 10 miler on saturday will make it a 50% redutciton in mileage for the week, and it was probably needed. I started getting a cold on Wednesday when I ran this and still have mild symptoms now on Firdya. A cold after a long run. Overtraining or having a child. :)

Went out with my boss, had to stop and tie his shoe just after the first mile, which slowed us down, and then I finished on my own. A pleasantly overcast, mildly warm day with surprisingly few people out and about running.

Groin seems to be cooperating, but my arches are a little tight and when I sit at work I feel some tension over my right hip. guess I need to start stretching. Or yoga. :)

Did some OHP finally the same day of the run. Tried to do what Laura did and do the evaluation for the week as the first set. I've improved (to 30) but it trashed me for the rest of the workout. I was able to do 19 for the second one, and 5 full ones for the third. Then I had to finish the set and do 6 more on my knees. The last 2 sets were knee pushups to 11, since I couldn't make it further than that.

We'll see how today goes. I'll probably just treat next Monday as W3D1 again and work from there.

I'm way behind on reading and commenting on blogs. I'm going to try to get caught up this weekend.

splits:
9:10
9:52
9:28
9:16

No comments: