Friday, September 5, 2008

Runs and Pushups

Trying to get caught up. :) Had a couple of nice non-running, non-scale victories in the last week or so. The first one sounds really cheesy. I had to run for the bus after work one day. I did, and I made it to the bus. I'm not able to explain well how cool it was to be able to do something, without thinking about it, or dieing, and not be bent over at the end like a cripple. Kind of the point of this fitness thing I guess.

The other was, despite having put a few ponds back on in the last month or so, I was able to fit in a Medium dress shirt. A MEDIUM!!! I can't remember when I didn't have to buy a Larger or bigger for my gut, etc... That being said, if I want to stay in it I've got to get my eating back in line. We made chocolate chip cookie dough a few days ago and ate it raw (the way it's meant to be eaten. :)) I'm not running quite enough to support that on a regular basis. :)

Still fussing with the training plan, and trying to decide if I want to run the Half at the Bellingham Bay Marathon (28 September) as a pacing check

Wednesday:
5.68 miles in 51:54 (9:08/mile)

Thought I was running just under 5.5, obviously ended up over. Not a problem
Warm and sunny, almost too warm. I like my 65 degree running days. :) My calves hurt, probably from running for the bus in bad shoes, as well as running in the Sauconys on Monday.

Felt like every one in the world was dusting me on this run though. I saw J and outbound on my inbound leg and they beat me to the showers by about 30 seconds, and I got passed by 2 guys in my last mile. Ah well, they can run their workout and I'll run mine. Until I trip them. :)

splits:
mile1 - 9:16
middle1 - 16:57
middle2 - 16:55
last mile - 8:45

OHP W2D2 - banged out the pushups just before I went to bed. 16,13,11,11. The open set was 15 or greater. I managed to do 15.

Thursday:
4 miles in 36:01 (9:00/mile)

Ran up Westlake again, started with my boss. You can see where he made his turnaround from the splits. :) My calves cramped (or something similar) pretty much the last two miles. Val asked why I didn't just walk it in... It hurt just as bad walking, and I was done sooner if I ran. :) It was in the low to mid 70s, which is warmer than it has been for the last few weeks, but I have trouble thinking it was the problem. I think it was residual from running Monday in bad shoes, running to the bus in bad shoes on Tuesday, and then running 'injured' on Wednesday. They seized up badly enough it was hard to walk again at the couple of lights I had to stop for on the way back to work. Seemed to mostly have worked themselves out after a warm shower

splits:
9:26
8:55
8:50
8:50

Saturday:

OHP W2D3 - Was supposed to bang this out Friday night, Watched Doomsday instead. Should have done the pushups. It would have been less painful. (It had so much potential... And Rhona Mitra. What a debacle.) 15,15,12,12. Open was 15 or greater, did 16

Val had an early hair appointment, so I'm running tonight, 12 or 13, not sure yet.

No comments: