Monday, September 8, 2008

Running Club Shirts

5.68 miles in 49:52 (8:46/mile)


The running club shirts showed up. They're royal blue long sleeve brooks jobbies. Very nice. Won't need them regularly for a few more weeks, but now I have two LS shirts. :) Wore it with the sleeves pushed to show some club solidarity, but it was a little war (at 73) to be wearing long sleeves. :)


Got carried away again, both speed and distance. Guess I felt like I needed to earn the new
shirt. :) Decided to run to the end of the SPU trail and beyond again. But I was with B, I and C. All of them fast. I'm a little stiff from the long run, and now this. Probably stopping and sitting in my chair at work isn't the best thing possible for my hips and thighs...


Started off slow, but the last half was brutally fast. Not much conversation coming from me. Mostly between B & I about ultra running. Asked I about the fact that I'm feeling the balls of my feet sometimes and she thinks it may be a form issue. Apparently I may need to take shorter strides so I don;t roll off the front of my foot so heavily. I didn't have the heart to say that long strides were the only way I could keep up. Because if that was true I should have slowed down, instead of being stupid... :)


splits:
first 1 - 9:17
middle - 16:53
middle - 15:37
last 1- - 8:05

2 comments:

MomOf4 said...

It is still pretty cool that you were able to run the last one so fast! Great job!

Frayed Laces said...

Good job on your runs! I have read somewhere that as a whole we runners overstride. It is better for us to take shorter strides. Maybe try it out on your next run--good luck!