Sunday, August 31, 2008

First Post Surgery Long Run

10.06 miles in 1:30:51 (9:02/mile)

Saturday morning was the first long run since the surgery, and it went really well. Much too fast, but really nice long run. got out a a decent time, 8:15. Was 54 when I started 59 when I got back. Next weekend is 12 miles, and I have to run it at a better speed. Closer to 9:45 I think. 4 hour marathon pace is 9:10/mile, projected pace from my 10K (for a 3:52:18) is 8:52. This was much too fast. I'm feeling it a little now on Sunday night, some general soreness in thighs and calves.

The fine folks at nuun came through with a variety pack of flavors, a new water bottle, and some stickers. Thanks nuun! I tried the tri-berry flavor this run and it was a welcome change from the kona kola. I think the kola just didn't feel like a running flavor. tri berry wasn't too bad.

Tried Hammer Gels this run. Chocolate at 5 miles (45 minutes) and Orange at 8 miles (115 minutes). the Chocolate was pretty dang good. Actually had the consistency of pudding, and tasted like real chocolate. The orange however wasn't great. Was more like toothpaste and was pretty grainy. They both seemed to work. Took about 10 minutes to kick in then I felt like the ache in my left ankle are diminished and I was able to push a little. Seemed to last for about a mile.

Still fighting this thing around my left ankle, and a little on the tendon on the top of my foot, near my big toe. I'm sure it's an over use thing, but I'm suspecting my shoes as well. I've been walking around in a pair of my 'bad' shoes and the pain seems to be better in them. I've only got 200 miles plus some unaccounted for wear to work days on the Foundations so I'm having trouble believing that's the problem

Did OHP W1D3 on Friday. 15,13,10,10 or something like that. 5th set ended up being 17.

splits:
9:01
9:11
9:33
8:54
9:10
9:16
9:08
8:54
9:05
8:39

No comments: