Thursday, August 28, 2008

Recovery Run

3.1 miles in 24:24 (7:52/mile)

Ran this yesterday at lunch. One of my faster runs, but I did wander back through my training log and according to it the fastest Pace I've had is 7:39/mile back in June. Not sure how I pulled that off. :) Must have been a really good day. :) That being said, I passed the PT test in the first 2 miles, not the last 2 this time. :)

Planning on doing 10 on Saturday. If I can pull it off, I'm on track for a slightly more aggressive plan than I had originally planned around. We'll see how it goes. If it doesn't work, or is too hard, I'll just dial it back down to the original plan.

I really need to write down the things I'd like to see in BreakingTheTape so I can email them with suggestions. I come up with them either while running, or when I'm using it and then I forget to write them down. One of the things I need to figure out is how to get it to let me put in a 10K for distance but get my pace in miles.

I decided I should be good and ice down my left lower leg last night. I snagged a 5 gallon bucket out of the shed and set up in front of the sink in the kitchen. Left leg in the bucket, kitchen chair(high, almost like a barstool) with the laptop on it, me on a dining room chair, TV remote on the counter. :) Added cold water from the kitchen sink , and had Val bring me a couple of things of ice. I think it helped. I felt much better this morning and walking to work from the bus was much better too. I switched into another pair of shoes instead of wearing my running shoes all the time like I have been the last few weeks.

Did OHP W1D2 Wednesday night. Nothing spectacular, executed per plan 12, 12, 10, 10, and the 'open' set ended up being 11 pushups.
splits:

mile1 - 7:59
mile2 - 7:54
mile3 - 7:50
0.1 - 0:42 (supposedly 7:00 pace)

No comments: