Friday, August 8, 2008

Non Running Randomness

Had my one week followup appointment yesterday. Fastest doctors appointment I've ever had. About 5 minutes in the waiting room, 5 minutes in the office waiting, then 3 minutes with the doctor. No infection and he seemed happy with everything else. No major pain, just some aches, especially driving in to work, Sitting at that slightly off center angle you sit at to drive stretched some things I hadn't stretched before. I go back in 2 more weeks. Hopefully I can convince him to let me start running then, but I didn't bring it up, even though I'm starting to go stir crazy, and I'm not sleeping well, and I'm jealous of every runner I see.

And I'm eating like a horse. I think I've put on a pound or two in the last week, and I'm only just now starting to get a handle on how much I'm eating, and slowing down. Even tracking the calories isn't slowing me down, and I've been leaving random snacking off, chunks of cheese, blue berries, strawberries, etc when getting some for Kaitlyn, that kind of thing.

Does anyone remember when if you subscribed to a magazine you got it before it hit the newsstands? I've been drooling over the new Runners World for a week now, and it didn't show up till yesterday. Grumble, grumble.

Got my cholesterol checked and had a talk with the doc as well this week. Cholesterol was down to 114 or so, HDL was up, LDL was down and Triglycerides were say down. Only thing that was a little concerning was that my liver function numbers were a little high. He's not concerned so we're going to sit on it for 2 months and see how it looks then. I did get taken off the BP meds though. Yay, me!!!



If you're a scifi and/or fantasy reader, and you don't mind ebooks, here are a pair of sites that offer free ebooks. I'll read them on my computer (don't use a fulls screen to read, try to replicate a normal book width, it makes it easier to read and causes less eye strain.), and using on older HP ipaq Pocket PC.
I've been getting books from Baen's Free Library for years. Mainly because a number of favorite authors are Baen authors.
If you sign up for Tor's newsletter, they include a link to a new ebook each week. an extra email or two is a small price to pay as far as I'm concerned. Most of them are first books in a series, those evil bastards, so my Christmas list will have a number of books on it this year. :)

So, I'm sitting here typing this up and listening to my iPod on random. I've added some CDs from my Dad's place recently for some variety, and I get a new song. The Beatles. I Am The
Walrus. What. The. Fuck. I'll admit I'm not a connoisseur of anything, and certainly not music. The song has it's own wikipedia entry for fecks sake, and even that is barely comprehensible. I just don't get out much I guess. :)

2 comments:

Greg On the Run said...

Not running is just so hard. I had knee surgery last year and boy I was frustrated. Push the doc to let you do anything. And you're doing the right thing by counting the calories

MomOf4 said...

Oh my goodness! I hope you are feeling better! Take it easy and get better so you will be running faster than ever! :)