Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Slow Lunch Run

3.1 miles in 29:26 (9:29/mile)

I'm better off than I though I'd be by now, which makes me ecstatic, but I over did doing the lake on Monday. In additon to some soreness, I've had something niggling in my outside front of my left calf, down near the ankle, ever since. It's a soft tissue thing as far as I can tell, and it;s getting better so I'm not worried about it too much. I felt it a little on the run, but nothing run stopping. The ball of my right foot is being fussy, but my whole right foot feels 'cramped' so I wonder if it's the new socks, or if I need to loosen my lacing again.

Ran with my boss for a pretty slow run. He hasn't been out in a while, and has some 'issues' remaining form a trip to Mexico. :) His feet seemed to behave themselves this run though. He stopped just after mile 2 to walk and stretch some tightness out of his hamstrings, and I banged out the last mile in a faster pace to work out some kinks.

splits:
mile1 - 9:36
mile2 - 10:22
mile3 - 8:43
0.1 - 0:45 (7:30/mile)(really, I've got to remeasure that section again, I didn't feel that fast)

1 comment:

Runner Leana said...

Hi Aaron, thanks for stopping by the blog to wish me luck! If you keep having some soft tissue issues I'd really recommend finding an ART practioner. It has helped me a lot with various aches and pains.