Sunday, December 20, 2009

12/17 Tempo Thursday and "Workout"

Sprinted down to the locker room to squeeze in a run before a meeting, and Bruce was doing the same thing, so we decided to go out together. As we all know, this means I'm gonna get a workout. This was no exception. According to McMillan, this run ended up within the Tempo range for my 3:45 goal (7:49 - 8:09), so Tempo Thursday, yay!

We went out clockwise, and I actually chatted! I'm not sure how I managed that at this pace, but I was actually able to participate in a conversation, and for the last couple of miles, be the person doing most of the talking.

49 and clear... very nice day for a run.

6.51 miles in 52:26 (8:03/mile) @ 169 bpm (90% MHR)

Pigtails on Saturday. Hopefully this run doesn't cause any problems. I'm not supposed to be racing it, it's just supposed to be a long training run, so no taper.

Splits:
7:54 @ 156
8:02 @ 169
7:51 @ 168
8:04 @ 172
8:06 @ 174
8:02 @ 175
0.51 - 8:43 @ 170



Evening "Workout"
Val was about an hour into Gran Torino as I was leaving for the gym. We hadn't seen it yet, and I got sucked in. Decided to workout at home instead.

Val had me try some of the off balance pushup (one hand on a medicine ball, other on the ground), then I did my step ups and planks. Did a second set of pushups, and then started stepups. My thighs complained about the tempo run, so I just bagged it and watched the rest of the movie. And then went up and logged in to work for half an hour.

No comments: