Sunday, December 20, 2009

12/16 Run

And we truly are back to Seattle winter weather - 51 degrees and rain
But, 51 degrees means shorts again! Don't mind the tights, but...

I've noticed before, and noticed again this run, that wearing hat, which is great for shade and keeping rain out of the eyes, seems to affect my form. I tent to look down more if I have my hat on. Interesting.

The form affecting hat was of hat off by ~2. I don't remember having to go hatless so often in the beginning. Increased speed == more heat?

It rained to 2.5, took a break to tease us, and then started again at 4.

Good run, but tough. I didn't object to the brief break at the light by Speedy Reedy today.

Tuesday was a "Hey, maybe I can race Pigtails even though I shouldn't."
Today was a "God, pigtails is gonna suck. This hurts!"

6.47 miles in 56:07 (8:41/mile) @ 159 bpm

Had one of those random, post run thought as I was walking back:
Based on someone I read once, the fae (to include fairies) were 'gods' to be appeased, not worshipped as modern gods are. That let to an interesting thought of what would Tinkerbell as one of the fae...

No comments: